Friday, February 19, 2016

About The Book

Available in all Online Bookstore 
                                                              
He Beat Past My Skin is an unforgettable story that highlights issues, which afflict women and children around the world. Laden with intrigue, suspense, and drama, its powerful tales surrounding violence and abuse are sure to capture your attention. It’s a story that evokes the deepest fears of many women and children and delivers a message that silence kills.
                                            
Excerpt:  After that night, my father’s voice frightened me, and his touch pricked my skin, like tiny needles. When he smiled at me, his ominous eyes easily revealed his contempt. He became a stranger to me, but so did my mother. Her status as the heroine in my life’s storybook quickly changed to a victim. Her faint voice faded into the background, and her feather-like touch barely caressed my skin. When she smiled at me her sad eyes easily revealed her anxiety. Fear and misery seeped from her pores, like sweat, and I pitied her.

“I wrote He Beat Past My Skin because domestic abuse is still one of the best kept secrets in many homes across America. It batters the body, and conquers the mind and soul. The deafening screams echo the sound of fear, silenced only by the sound of defeat. The deep wounds penetrate beyond the skin’s surface, and the overwhelming pain antagonizes one’s spirit for the rest of their lives. It devastates families and communities and weakens the essence of our cultures. We are the only ones who can stop the continuation of this covert operation.”

9 comments:

  1. I'm excited about this new book. Please return for excerpts and other updates in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds great. I can’t wait to read it. It’s definitely a topic of interest.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m so proud of you. Keep writing, it is good to see that you are pursing your dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so proud of you. Domestic violence is still definitely a real problem in our society. Can't wait to read it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very interesting excerpt! It definitely flowed and was very descriptive like I was watching a television screen. I agree with Aunt Elsie; domestic violence is still a real problem amongst today's society - predominately in the black neighborhoods, behind close doors, out-of-sight out-of-mind. I support anyones cause to bring attention amongst this type of unethical treatment. I can't wait to read more. Don't keep me waiting! Good job.....

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are my prize... I was there too baby. It is not a single day that goes by that I don't remember that. Domestic violence literally re-Forms the type of person that one ultimately becomes. You have a gift and a calling, let's continue to walk this path together. Love you,
    Uncle Joe

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am a mother of four, and yes, I was a victim of domestic violence many years ago. Reading the excerpts took me back. Remembering how I tried to hide the bruises and kept it behind closed doors. I prayed and did what I felt I had to do to get out of that situation. Now I am here, still standing, and very proud!! Can't wait to buy your book. Wonder if it will tell more of my story. For years I kept quiet. I got the courage to confide in a very special person, your Uncle Joe. Thank you again for "Graduate Detectives", I've read it several times already.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a great excerpt. I am anxiously awaiting the book so I can read it. Domestic violence is a fact of life for so many (women, men, and children) and it so often goes unnoticed until it's too late. Thakn you Jessica for keeping us aware of this tragedy of life for so many. We must all continue to do our part.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete