Saturday, December 18, 2010

About the Character (Toni Brown)

Toni Brown is a young woman motivated by hate and vengeance, and she vows to punish the man who stole her life and raped her soul. For three years, he locked her in a basement where he raped, beat, and tortured her nearly every day. Ultimately, he defeated her spirited.


Excerpt: I met Reed on one of the internet dating sites. Every day, I spent hours on the internet searching as many sites as possible for Kevin, and any of the other men who raped and tortured me in his basement. Sometimes, I got lucky. So far, I had discovered three of the men that frequented Kevin’s residence. However, Reed just happened to be a victim of circumstance. Unfortunately, he looked like one of the men, and that was good enough for me.

Excerpt: I woke up to an intense pain in my stomach, and I looked at the clock and saw that it was 2:00 AM. Then, I rolled over, looked at Thomas, and shook my head. He was a very attractive man, which was one of the reasons why I had remembered him so well. I looked at the wedding ring on his finger and shook my head. I actually felt sorry for his wife.

Excerpt: “We all think that our life’s situations are unique, but you’d be surprised to know that somewhere on this huge planet, somebody is in a worse situation than you. I know that’s sad to think, but unfortunately it’s the reality of this world we live in.”

Toni is a complicate character, and she was the most difficult character to write because of the depth of her pain and of the agony of her defeat. She struggles to find the courage to live when all she really wants to do is die.

No comments:

Post a Comment